Sunday, May 28, 2017

VICENZA, ITALY

After I left Augsburg I drove down to Vicenza, my old home, excited to meet good friends from Portland, Oregon Judy and Harlan Bridenbaugh at my good friends B&B/Restaurant where we would be joined by Concetta and Paul who I saw recently in Chiang Mai.  They live in Merano near Bolzano.   The weather remains rainy and cold but the drive down was nice enough.  I didn't take the autostrada until after I reached Vipiteno and then didn't stay on it too long as decided to drive over the lovely Valsugana region.   We had a great get together.  Lovely food and wine, visits to the market downtown, to Rigetti's old favourite restaurant, to Gelaterias, drives in the Colli Berici.  A good visit to Bassana del Grappa and long chats.  The Gobbo family in Da Berno couldn't have been nicer and the B&B is tiny in a lovely old restored house and comfortable.  A great week.
Breakfast together

downtown Vicenza


planning Enrica's garden

with Giovanni in Bassano

from Ponte Vecchio Bassano


No comments:

Post a Comment