Sunday, May 7, 2017

DOVER TO BELGIUM/BRUGES

There were no traffic jams on the road to Dover so I arrived early for my ferry and was able to leave on the earlier sailing.  Again it was a short crossing to Calais.   Of course I wanted to see Bruges again so I drove around looking for a place to park and sleep.  Found one close to Camping Memling and there were four other campers there.  Next morning went in to town and got parking at the train station for only 3.50 for the day.  Very nice walk in to town from there through green area and alongside a lake.
The weather is not a bit like spring being dull and cold but I went on the boat anyway.  Not as magic as when the sun is shining and flowers are in the window boxes.   I went in to a good exhibition of Picasso including audio visuals, didn't realise that he worked in so many mediums.  The ticket was a special one that included tasting of many Belgium beers so I had a good time there.  I was sad to see that my little favourite hot chocolate shop must be gone as I couldn't find it anywhere.   It was so great with the huge cups of hot milk and the fancied chocolate chips waiting to be added and melted.  All that along with some great chocolates.







No comments:

Post a Comment