Thursday, July 3, 2014

PORT ST LOUIS DU RHONE


This is a doorway to the Camargue.  A very quiet, friendly port town where a lot of people berth their yachts during Winter and return each Summer.  It's a place with minimal traffic so super for riding around on my little bike Molly.  I really enjoy that folding Brompton Bike.  It's so easy to fold and fit in the car and then I can just ride around on it without lowering the roof on the camper or putting the table and chairs inside etc.
I'm staying right beside the water just free camping and enjoying it a lot so I haven't bothered leaving having been here 4 days now.  There's a super long beach here called Plage Napoleon and the pink Flamingoes are there but I didn't go down in the evening to see them as am leaving tomorrow for the Camargue itself where there should be many of them.
The local pub owner and his family are most friendly and he's in love with Cork.  He brought his boat in there once and fell in love with it although he doesn't speak English.  His son plays music and writes his own lyrics.  On UTube he goes by the name of "Billy Hoyle"


I'm camped right here
so just having breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment