Thursday, July 24, 2014

Port St Louis Again

After I left St Maries I was driving along a narrow road to a beach where I planned to stay for a few days when suddenly a speeding car, on a narrow road, plowed right into my left side of the van and shattered the left hand mirror and the motor of it.  He didn't stop at all and now my car was very dangerous to drive with no visibility on the left in roundabouts or when a car was overtaking.  Since there's no shops or communication down near the beach I took a raft ferry over to Port St.Louis again and had to stay there for 10 days as VW in Arles and Marseille claimed that they couldn't provide a new mirror in less than 3 weeks or a month and then they would be closed for all of August so "it might be Sept" etc.  They are registered VW dealers but hopeless.  All they come up with is "c'est La France" I had to order from Germany and send it express.  It came to Marseille overnight but then they didn't deliver for 5 days to a town that is under one hour away.  Bummer and the express was 100 euros wasted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment