Thursday, May 23, 2013

Made it to Bruges, Belgium after landing at Dunkirk.  This is a UNESCO Town always full of tourists but now it is wet and windy.  It stayed that way all weekends but I love it anyway.  There is a scene to be painted around every corner.
All the Belgium specialties are on sale.  Look at this huge cup of Hot Chocolate – you get it full of steamed milk and a chocolate holder full of your choice of dark or white chocolate chips with a miniature whisk.  No wonder all the faces light up when they see it along with some sample chocolates.   Many in the wonderful old shop also ordered the famous waffles with even more chocolate sauce and whipped cream 









 I've put in a few extra pictures here but I love Bruges even though it was still wet and raining.  I did climb the 366 steps in that Tower above where the huge bells ring out every 15 minutes.  I should put yet another picture below of the view from above

No comments:

Post a Comment