Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BRANDY ON THE MOVE

THE START


I've finally done it - since I'm getting older I was ages wondering how to continue having an adventurous old age so now I have bought a new VW California Camping van in Ireland and the plan is to meander in it for the months that I am not in Chiang Mai, Thailand - my other home.   I'm not thinking of driving an awful lot as I love to let the day fall on me so the thought is to just see one European country per year and try to learn the language and culture there staying just in one area for as long as I am enjoying it.  To stay in little villages more than the cities and to have lots of time to absorb, to feel and enjoy.  I'm looking forward to the sun, the freedom, the food, the vino and meeting old and new friends





First Day

I've named the new camper Brandy and am now all packed up and hopefully have not forgotten anything important  as I don’t plan to return to Ireland until Oct.
 Goodbye to the house and Kenmare and off for Rosslare in the south east of Ireland to catch a ferry to Wales.  The plan is to go to a meeting of enthusiastic owners of these wonderful vans who have a forum known as the “Cali Club” and they are getting together in Sussex in the south of England next weekend.  There should be up to 100 of these vehicles at the largest get together ever in these parts so I will be able to get lots of tips for my new lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment