Sunday, June 15, 2014

NICE


I drove Alex to the airport at Nice early on Thursday morning.  She flew to Amsterdam.  Since I was in the city I decided to explore a bit although I don't really like cities.  I found Nice to be nicer than Cannes.  It was just as full of tourists but the old town was lovely and the promenade much nicer and not as crowded with up market restaurants that rather spoiled the view of the blue sea.
I was lucky and met a nice man from Liverpool who has been there in his motor home for a long time.  He took me in to the city on his motor bike so it was fun riding all along past the beaches and having a bit of a breeze.  We went to a Cambodian restaurant and then to an Irish Pub to watch the first game of the World Cup with Brazil against Croatia.  There were a lot of Brazilians there and they are always so much fun so it was a good night.

need a hat in this heat

part of the Promenade

This was before the match

No comments:

Post a Comment