Saturday, April 2, 2016

SILVES

Meandering along my way I stopped overnight in little villages and a Barrigem (dam) on my way to Silves.  Great lovely wild camping with two kind men to share a beer and dinner.  The water was bright turquoise.
Silves is a lovely town, very clean and little traffic.  There's a castle overlooking everything and the usual white washed or pastel houses with welcoming bars all along the river front.  As usual I came for one night but it's already stretching out.  There's lot's of fish swimming in the river and about 8 nests of Storks above on a dilapidated building with the males flying back and forth to the river gathering food for the young ones.  I love seeing them gliding around with their fast, huge wing span.



the dam (barrigem)

lovely little wild camping area below

grand restaurant La Velha in Silves

Storks have about 8 nests here

figures of Moors Silves

No comments:

Post a Comment