Friday, June 28, 2013

SERMIONE, LAKE GARDA

Driving along from Soave towards Liguria it seemed a shame not to visit more of Lake Garda so I found a really good camping place named San Francisco near the lovely town of Sermione at the south of the large lake.  Luck was with me as I got a site right beside the water although I don't reserve anything since I never know how long I will stay anywhere.
The flowers are in full bloom and the smell of Jasmine is everywhere.  Of course this area is so very popular so there are lots of visitors about enjoying their Gelato.  It is so easy here to fall in to the habit of a daily ice cream and a relaxing hour when it is time for an Aperitivo.  For the last 2 years the main drink before dinner seems to be an Aperol Spritz or a Venizianer.  It's a lovely custom especially when it is so warm and sunny.           I went to visit the town of course and below is the main entrance


                                                                                                                                     





No comments:

Post a Comment