Monday, December 17, 2012

Chiang Mai Dec '12



December '12
 I love it here.  I'm settled in to a lovely, small, Thai guesthouse down a side lane in the old city.  It is named Chedi View and indeed I can see a very old Chedi from my window - a most venerated part of the temple named Wat Chedi Luang.  It is lit up at night and gives a glow to the surroundings.  This house has many balconies and so I am outside a lot listening to the birds while I have my several cups of tea each morning.  There's a large outdoor kitchen and seating areas all around the place.  There are only about 12 rooms and the guests feel like a happy family.  Certainly the owners ( both of whom were teachers and speak English) do their best to make all of us feel very much at home.  What a lucky find and at such a reasonable price so I will keep it on all year and not have to pack up any more:)
I have posted a few pictures of my new little room above.



No comments:

Post a Comment